BONE MINERAL DENSITY
Bone Mineral Density (BMD) is a test which detects low bone density. The most common bone density test is called dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA). The test involves lying on a table for 10-20 minutes while a small x-ray detector scans the spine, hips or both.
- Please bring the Requisition Form and your valid Ontario Health Card for each visit.
- If you do not have a valid Ontario Health card please bring VISA, MasterCard or Debit Card.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment for registration.
- LATE arrivals may require re-booking.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give at least 24 hours notification.
These instructions are IMPORTANT. Please follow them.
It is preferable to wear clothing without zippers or fasteners (e.g. jogging suit or leggings). On the day of examination DO NOT take calcium supplements or iron tablets until after the examination is completed.
Please call the desired location as appointments are required. We will make every attempt to accommodate your scheduling request. For emergency and stat procedures we will make every attempt to accommodate you the same day.
True North Imaging has conveniently-located clinics across the GTA and Kitchener-Waterloo region, with the corporate head office in Thornhill.FIND A CLINIC
At TNI we are committed to providing our staff with a warm and collegial work environment.VIEW JOB POSTINGS
We have the most up-to-date equipment for performing sophisticated diagnostic services set in a comfortable and convenient environment.LEARN MORE
NEWS & UPDATES
At TNI, we're always adding new services and locations. Find out about the latest news, hours of operation and events.WHAT'S NEW